Friday, March 27, 2009

Leaf Bubble Painting


I have uploaded three images to show the progression of each layer of paint. The bubbles are easily recognizable in the first photo.










You can still recognize the bubbles in this shot.
I used them to shape my rocks and other items in the background.









I am pretty happy with the painting so far. I do have a few places on the leaf that are too dark but I am working on those.

I probably should have used a darker paint to create my bubbles which would have given it more texture and contrast.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So, are you working with watercolor over the acrylic? This is really cool! I love the way it is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    Yes~ After you are finished layering bubbles. Let them dry and paint away!

    ReplyDelete