I like to believe there is still hope for this painting! Each one I have worked on has reached this awkward stage. When I began working in watercolor I would have been tempted to throw this under the bed BUT I have learned that if I push forward one step at a time I usually end up with a finished piece that I am happy with...usually.
This shows the yellow washes on the leaves. I used New Gamboge in the foreground, Aureolin in the background.
Showing some of the detail added as underpainting. As I add washes these will blend in somewhat and be less noticeable.
Close up of leaf detail. The colors are not as intense as they appear in this photo.